Sunday, November 22, 2009

There's a Hole in my Bucket

So while staying up late flipping channels on TV (as I am a common participant) I flip to an infomercial for a "Classic Compact Disc".

These things slay me. The song tracks are from live performances from packed auditoriums. Every time the voiceover mentions a song, it shows a clip from the 'performance'.

Voiceover: With such classic duets as "There's a Hole in my Bucket"
I glance up to see the look of sheer content on the entire crowds face (average age 65 give or take a century) as they look at their spouses knowingly.
Wait... why does this song evoke such responses? Is there a hidden meaning? Why did you just nod at your husband with a wink?
Songs that bring you back to a better time...
A better time??? When your bucket was broken? I'm missing something obviously. Is that auditorium giving off some sexual charge now? If I find out that this song is some ancient version of "Back That Thang Up" I wouldn't be surprised.

But I would.

Till next time.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cup said...

Ha! I'm not entirely sure I would want to be in an auditorium full of sexually charged geriatrics!

 

web tracking stats
Dell.com Numbers